Warm greetings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
I find myself here following a friend's mentions about GF in recent weeks. This friend is only half way round the earth from where I live! I hope I can participate in some way in a few discussions where ideas and knowledge get exchanged, show what plants are with me, etc. One of my two daughters was married recently. I am fond of saying that I live in Mysuru for 160 years because my great great grandfather was himself working here in the mid 1800s. Mysuru is in the 'plains' having a 'salubrious' climate. My forefathers had great influence from various fine teachers who were here during the British rule as this city was under a very fine kingship of a dynasty that ruled for 500 years. Much of Mysuru's glory is due to them. Garden, plants, avenue trees, lakes, parks... Mysuru has grown with these.

Attached is a pic of the full house built in 1911 by my g/g/f, but this is half now, in which portion we live. Long story, why 'half'! You can get a little glimpse of the greenery, an almond tree must be as old as the house. :)
House-2007.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hello and welcome,
Your home looks comfortably amazing. The good thing about this forum is you can get the best advice on gardening so feel free to ask away. There are so many experts here.

Looking forward to you transforming your garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great to have you here - welcome! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Welcome @Dinu, so happy to see you here. Hopefully you will be able to add a photo to the June photo contest. I know you have some wonderful "creatures" there; bees, birds, insects. There are many organic gardeners here who are so knowledgeable and helpful and there will be many opportunities for sharing information and experiences with friendly people as well as asking questions such as "What are the best methods to control termites?";) Plus i would love to see a showcase of photos of your garden when you get settled in(y)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That is a quite nice house! Full of history :) It looks divine :) !!!! I hope the garden is as glorious as the rest of the house!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Thank you very much. Am not overwhelmed by the welcomes, for, the friend from half way round the earth had already tipped me of this - this was many weeks ago anyway! It takes time for me to look around and get familiarized with this new park, I hope there are benches to rest upon - I like benches.. my yard is dotted with stone benches. I have a pond too.. but presently it is in bad shape, roots piercing it and also a big rat making a hole through the ground - it was a lot of work removing fallen earth from the water. The pond is 7 years old and the liner usually lasts about 4.
Will try to spend a few minutes for GF whenever I can and I'm afraid of a promise.
Here is the antigonon in bloom December last. And a close up of the recent water lily.
P1480637.JPG
DSCN7013 - Copy.JPG

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Your garden looks your lovely. I am looking forward to more pictures of your garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, my, in addition to having a lovely historic home and gardens with benches and a pond, you are also a very good photographer. That close-up of the water lily is stunning!
Welcome from central Texas, and I'm really looking forward to chatting with you about gardening, and perhaps seeing more photos.

Ask a Question