Waiting For Lilacs to Bloom

Reaction score
I planted two lilacs two years ago but haven't seen any blooms yet. How long does it take for lilacs to bloom?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
As far as I know, it may take 4 or 5 years:( But it's worth waiting for! Lilac is one of the most beautiful plants, its flowers smell so good! In my area lilac is very popular, it makes me happy!
So don't worry and be patient:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Talk to the person you purchased them from, they can shed some light on how long before they bloom. Also, get your soil tested, including the ph. You may not have the right nutrients for blooming.

Reaction score
Thanks for the great suggestions, firelily99 and Claudine.
I will test the soil for PH. I hope I have good soil for lilacs. I've had good luck with everything I've planted in my yard so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No problem, I really hope that soon you'll see lots and lots of stunning lilac flowers:)! I've just talked to my neighbour who grows lilac bushes. He told me that they grow the best in sunny locations. Also, they prefer slightly acidic soil.

Ask a Question