Vine identification :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
bordering 5b and 6a
Country
United States
Hi all.. please do not make fun of me! I have seen this vine EVERYWHERE in town, so I know it must be a well known plant. However, I purchased this bugger off of a nearly dead clearance rack a few years ago, and it was untagged. Sometimes it grows beautifully, sometimes I think it is near death again. I would really like to know exactly what it is so that I can look up the proper techniques to take care of this guy the way it deserves. Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 295
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That is a lovely houseplant known as Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum). It does best in medium light but not direct sunlight, and needs to dry out between waterings.
It needs to be cut back occasionally to make it bushier. If you cut one of the longer stems just where the leaf joins the stem, you'll get new leaves. The cut portion can be put into moist perlite or vermiculite and it will root in a few weeks.

Ask a Question