Very wet soil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have been over watering my shrubs in photo and the ground as become waterloged plus there is no sub soil at the base only a base of shale , I have removed a holly bush that dropped all its leaves and turned yellow which I have repotted in a pot . Will the soil get back to normal if I stop watering , I built weep holes in the wall but they don't seem to help , many thanks .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 161
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes things will dry out. As you have discovered it's easy to kill a plant with too much water. It's best to under water and not rot the roots out. Try watering about once a week and see what happens. Also the holly may have dropped its leaves because of the soil they need acid. Get your soil tested and you might find that it lacks whatever the bush needs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks mgmine i have tested the soil and it came in at 5.0 to 6.0 which I believe is ok for the Holly bush

Ask a Question