Very short product survey, posted with permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gardeners!

I am doing a university project for a business module, we have an idea for a product related to gardening and have put together a short survey to assess the views of real gardeners (none of us have a huge amount of experience in this area, I've done a bit of amateurish vegetable growing but not much else), hope you have the time to participate, thank you for looking, here is the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/88LZQM7

Henry Faulkner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just to confirm, Henry asked permission and this has been posted with my agreement :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, but questions 1-5 are intrusive and irrelevant particularly number 4, therefore I will not be answering your survey.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I took the survey but it appears it is more geared towards UK/EU residents regarding a gardening-related subscription service, not sure about that.
But it took me about 30 seconds and pretty painless. :)
One point, for the OP gathering initial data: consider re-doing your survey to include some sort of idea of cost for this service. Much will revolve around cost.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this for us guys, really do appreciate it so much! The survey was indeed written for UK citizens, as we weren't intending to give it to an international audience, I'm hoping the culture isn't so different that the data will be un-usable. Not asking about the expected cost was an oversight on the part of my group-mate who compiled it, thanks for pointing that out, it will be amended when we send it to others :) @Sheal, I'm really sorry you felt the questions intrusive. As the survey is totally anonymous, and the data is only being used by us (4 university students in South Wales, and their tutor) to see the potential demographics for this hypothetical product, I didn't think people would mind. We just wanted to see if people with children were interested to a statistically relevant degree, so we could consider a product related to parent/child gardening, to encourage the next generation. Again I'm sorry if it caused offence, none was intended! Thanks again guys,

Henry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
@Henry Faulkner, whether the survey is anonymous or not the questions asked were not necessary. What has my personal information got to do with the information you are trying to glean.....none at all! You now say that the product is hypothetical which suggests it is non existent, which in turn suggests to me that the information you are asking for is not for your own use and not connected to gardening.

This is not a personal attack on yourself, but with the 'big brother' intrusion of the world we now live in, it seems that we are not allowed any privacy at all. I will hang on to what I have left of mine thank you. :)

Ask a Question