Veggies and Flowers

Reaction score
I don't have a huge area to garden with, so I have a flower/veggie garden. Is there any downside to this as long as they're spaced properly? This is the first year I've done a combo garden, so I'm not sure what to expect. Some of the flowers have started blooming though, and it is nice to see pretty flowers while I'm harvesting.

Reaction score
It should be okay, my dad grew tomatoes next to the roses for years and everyone was happy! I always edge my veg garden with flowers that will repel critters and other pests.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have a lot of space either, because my parents let me use only a part of their garden, so I always plant everything together. My tomatoes grow next to my violets, in my opinion it looks quite lovely:) I haven't encountered any problems yet.

Reaction score
Thanks, gals. I feel much better now! Soon, I'll have a really pretty garden to look at, that's also edible!

Ask a Question