vegetable

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
Hello dear member

I don't know how to make a vegetable garden.I am new member.so please help me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Dig up some dirt, plant some seeds, and wait. See what grows this year, then plant that again next year, and that's about it. Everything else is up to luck and Nature. All gardeners are optimistic gamblers!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I've been gardening for years and years, and no matter where you are, there are some very basic things to do.
First, start small. We all want to feed the world from our garden, but planting, weeding, fertilizing, and harvesting are pretty time consuming and back-breaking. A small plot will show you what you can physically handle, and what vegetables do well for you.
Second, prepare the soil. As Tjohn said, dig. I'd add some fertilizer (preferably organic fertilizer like cow, horse, or chicken manure well composted) to the dug area, and rake it in well before planting.
Third, take a walk around and see if others have vegetable gardens. Knock on their door and ask if they could tell you about their garden. Gardeners absolutely love to talk about gardening, and a person who is new to gardening is a gift!
And lastly, plant the vegetables that you like to eat and do well in your area. You'll have some failures, and lots of successes. Take the failures as lessons, and the successes to your dinner table!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
In terms of what to grow, a good place to start is by thinking about what you like best that is for sale in local markets.
Tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers, onions, beans, zucchini, squash, melons, all should be growable in your climate, and some will give you a decent crop for relatively little work.
Decide what you want to grow, and I'm sure if you ask again, we'll be able to help with more explicit requests.

Welcome to the forum.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dig up some dirt, plant some seeds, and wait. See what grows this year, then plant that again next year, and that's about it. Everything else is up to luck and Nature. All gardeners are optimistic gamblers!
:eek::D

Reaction score
Country
United States
First, I want to congratulate for asking a question!A vegetable garden is an opening phase of giving you possess food to you and your family.
These are the steps to start a vegetable garden:
1.Prepare the soil.
2.Enrich the soil.
3.Add some plants.
4.Use some mulch.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, erinaiston.

Yes, as easy as that. After that, a lot depends on your intuition and insight and inherent and increased understanding of the plants, elements (temperature, rainfall, sunshine and moisture in the air and what not).

Ask a Question