Vegetable to plant in fall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The past few days I spend hours and hours fighting weeds and removing our tomato plants who died for some reason (they were rotting/black, which started on the bottom).
Right now I have a big open space and was wondering what would be a good (easy) vegetable to plant this week here in Tennessee.

Is it already too late for green beans?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This should help

Zone 6 Planting Schedule

Planting-Zone-6.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You might want to wait until it cools down a little bit, but you could plant turnips, too. Whether you grow them for the greens or the roots. I got started too late to get them out this spring, they're mainly a cool season crop. So maybe later this month... fingers crossed! :)

(Mmm, I love turnips boiled and mashed with potatoes!! :love:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The gardening guru on TV has been saying for a week or so that it is time to plant Fall crops. I like leaf lettuce and find that easy to grow. I want to get some plants (seedlings) that already have a start though because I can never grow things from seed. I will check with my local garden center. We have had hardly any rain here though, and our ground is as hard as a rock!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm new here and very much a beginner, so you may want to take everything I say with a grain of salt.

On August 1 I planted radishes and within a month I was harvesting them. Today, September 3, I'm going to start another batch. I'm also going to plant some lettuce this weekend.

DiMart

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
This fall I will be planting cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli,tomatoes and beans. I have already planted seeds and in few days, I will be transplanting the seedlings in my vegetable patch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, according to the chart, there are a lot of vegetables that can be planted during the fall months. I am going to save this as I will soon have a big garden and am going to plant like crazy. I hope to be able to grow most of my own vegetables.

Ask a Question