Vegetable garden cool temps

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to gardening, and started some seeds and bought some seedlings and planted a raised bed at the beginning of May. I'm in middle TN. For the past week, we've had temperatures in the 50s. Is this going to hurt my tomato plants?

Also, I have two pink Brandywines and they have what I believe is Septoria leaf spot. They aren't doing anything at all, not growing or anything. Should I remove them? Or should I wait until it gets warmer? I pulled some large leaves off that were yellow and dying, maybe that's why they aren't growing? I'm new to this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm new to gardening, and started some seeds and bought some seedlings and planted a raised bed at the beginning of May. I'm in middle TN. For the past week, we've had temperatures in the 50s. Is this going to hurt my tomato plants?

Also, I have two pink Brandywines and they have what I believe is Septoria leaf spot. They aren't doing anything at all, not growing or anything. Should I remove them? Or should I wait until it gets warmer? I pulled some large leaves off that were yellow and dying, maybe that's why they aren't growing? I'm new to this.
I doubt if it is septoria. If where you live it has been raining a lot it is probably just a common fungus and will more than likely grow out of it when it warms up and the sun finally shines. Cool weather slows down growth of tomatoes and especially peppers so don't give up yet. If you planted seeds outside your soil temperature is probably still to cold for them to germinate.

Ask a Question