Veg growing 2018

A

Advertising

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Country
gb
My peppers always take a long to sprout so I only have a picture of dirt and plant labels..View attachment 31123

I'm going to wait until February before starting any tomatoes.
Well, it's a start. Was this photo taken in your kitchen? I usually have trouble storing my veggies at my tight London apartment and I'm always looking for new ideas on storing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
ca
@Theodore Beasley yes, this is in my kitchen. I still have 4 types that haven't sprouted. Anywhere they can get light is good enough. I moved the sprouted ones down to the indoor growing area. I don't waste any of this premium space on illuminating dirt and that is why I first sprout in the kitchen then start shuffling things.

Reaction score
Country
gb
@Theodore Beasley yes, this is in my kitchen. I still have 4 types that haven't sprouted. Anywhere they can get light is good enough. I moved the sprouted ones down to the indoor growing area. I don't waste any of this premium space on illuminating dirt and that is why I first sprout in the kitchen then start shuffling things.
I usually keep mine in the living room because there's more light there. Although considering how the weather in London is, sunlight is sometimes scarce :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
Currently I’m taking it easy. I have 3 beds planted with greens/brassicas in my hoophouse and outside I have 1/2 bed of garlic, a potato tower, and 2 baby fruit trees.

In March I’m planting onions, carrots, and greens and starting about 50 tomatoes/peppers inside. April/May it all goes outside along with melons, zucchini, cucumbers, and lots of companion plants.

Sometime around June it starts to become overwhelming madness to water and give each plant individual care. Doubly so if my hoophouse is still producing chard the size of my zucchini.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
us
My peppers always take a long to sprout so I only have a picture of dirt and plant labels..View attachment 31123

I'm going to wait until February before starting any tomatoes.
Yep......I feel your pain, Lori.......If my income came from growing peppers from seeds......I'd starve to death.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
I’m up to 14 beds now with about 7 only 1/4 full of purple onions tossed around. 32 tomatoes at 9-10”, peppers, marigold, and basil started. I might start like 150 more plants once the tomatoes go out in a couple weeks. This is a Cherokee Purple.
AFF6087B-F53F-4217-A97D-AA0D9A1F9E8C.jpeg

A

Advertising

Ask a Question