Variegated Monstera Cutting - any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I bought this variegated monstera cutting back in December and I'm pretty worried about it. The seller cut off the two leaves because they would most likely die off, and the brown marks are from where the leaves came from, it has established roots (won't come out of the soil when tugged at). I thinkkk it has a couple spots where some petiole might grow? Where I've pointed to with the white arrows. And i like to think they've grown a tiny bit (cracked some of the light brown "skin" you can see in the side view) but it's been quite a while so I'm not too sure and it would be very very slow. It's also pretty wrinkly which I'm worried about. I'm being very careful to not over water it. but maybe i've under-watered it too much? It's getting indirect light, I might start putting on my humidifier to help it out a bit, and it is getting cooler heading in to winter here so maybeI need a heat mat?

Does anyone have any tips / is there still hope for this little guy? I was super excited about it and only have a couple rare plants so I'm really hoping it does ok!

Thanks,
Lily.

Attachments

• IMG_9489.jpg
    IMG_9489.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9490.jpg
    IMG_9490.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9488.jpg
    IMG_9488.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Lack of vigor and difficulty with propagation (and high demand) makes some variegated Aroids quite expensive. Your stem, rooted or not, is still only a cutting and not a fully established plant. Treat it like a cutting with regular misting, bottom heat, and bright, indirect light. The lack of growth and shrivelled nature of the stem is cause for concern. Good luck with this.

Ask a Question