URGENT! Begonai albo picta dying!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I got a beautiful Begonia albo picta, I'd say a month ago, it was really healthy and flowering at first but as soon as I brought it home, it started to drop leaves rapidly.

The plant was quite bushy but now I can litteraly count the leaves, they all have brown tips as well as the babies and the top part of the canes break.
I changed the soil recently because I figured it was maybe too soggy, after letting it rest and be for one day I gave it a little bit of water but I can't see any improvement at all.

The plant is in a shade/midium light spot, away from heaters and my flat is quite humide. I have over than 40 plants and it's the only one in a bad shape.

Any idea on what could have caused that?
Any tips on how it could get better? I could not find anything so far... please help me guys!!!

Attachments

• 20210222_122030.jpg
    20210222_122030.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210222_122111.jpg
    20210222_122111.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How much of the soil did you change? You probably shouldn’t have done that. It damages roots and stresses the plant. Keep it in very bright light and moist but not wet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changing the earth was desperate tbf, despite the fact that it can harm and stress the plant, it did help and boost a few others I have, so I went for it.. for now not much going on.. no improvement yet. Gonna follow your advice and move it somewhere bright. Thanks a lot

Ask a Question