Unique ideas that turned into either beautiful or ugly garden

Reaction score
Okay, I have to admit, this is kind of cute. This person made the toilet into a working fountain so it's a water element and a planter. I don't completely hate it. If someone insists on using a toilet, this isn't too bad.

c6da38174399be2c5873d97e5e0bc061.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion a toilet should be a toilet, not a garden decoration;)I can't help it, I just find it so tacky and weird. And not pretty at all.
I'd much rather use drawers as planters, this looks nice:

IMG_4583_lg.JPG

Reaction score
This is kind of funny. Instead of just doing a dresser drawer planter, they put the whole dresser, mirror and lamp outside.

0302203bef5e5ed3e423da261a3baa12.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I quite like the guitar planter, it looks interesting.
Here are planters made of floppy discs:

Floppy-Disk-Planter.jpg

I can't say that I'm very fond of them:p

Reaction score
When it comes to innovations, gardens will never be left behind. We have tons and tons of different ideas on how to make our garden a beauty. However, there are some of us also that use unique pieces to be turned into a garden. While some of these unique stuff can really be nice and cute and creative, some of them turn into weird looking and, well, for the lack of proper term, ugly.

I am posting pictures of some unique ideas that can be nice, and some that can be not so nice.

FOR CUTE AND NICE:

mobile-bathtub-like-planter-1_5CfIv_24429.jpg

paint_cans_vbots.jpg

THIS ONE LOOKS, WELL, NOT SO PLEASING:

45887.jpg

Hahaha!!! Awesome!! I liked the first one, and the toilets one!! I've seen people putting the second idea at use over here; so tacky! My uncle's wife used to have a lot of those outside the house, but she never cared about what the others thought :) She enjoyed her hobby quite a lot :)

Reaction score
This is kind of funny. Instead of just doing a dresser drawer planter, they put the whole dresser, mirror and lamp outside.

0302203bef5e5ed3e423da261a3baa12.jpg

This one is super beautiful and original!! But to be honest i don't think that dresser will last too long... furniture like that gets ruined so easily; even if you splash some water on it and don't clean it asap. Sometimes the furniture can absorb the excess water and swell up, that happened to a side table of mine :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Here is a very unique idea for a garden decoration, how do you feel about it?:

van+planting.jpg

Personally, I like Flower power and Hippies and it reminds me of them, but still, I prefer more traditional planters:p

Reaction score

van+planting.jpg

Personally, I like Flower power and Hippies and it reminds me of them, but still, I prefer more traditional planters:p

This reminded me of a project item from the sims social game on Facebook :p The one in your pictures is way nicer tho. I like this kind of eco-friendly ideas ;)

Reaction score

van+planting.jpg

Thinks its great. How to improve the looks of an old Camper Van
Its certainly colorful and definitely something that would stop you in your tracks, reminds me of Hippies and Flower power as well.
Not for me though, as it could be a bit awkward and time consuming, maintaining it, especially the roof, as I'm not particularly comfortable with heights, and will continue to keep my plants in beds, borders and containers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How do you feel about this decoration?:

contemporary-outdoor-fountains.jpg

Personally, I really don't like it. Maybe it would look better if the rocks were white. In my opinion the black ones look weird. It just isn't pretty.

Reaction score
No for me Claudine, I think that cage containing the rocks, is far worse than the color of the rocks.
Think the structure is probably meant to be depicting a window or doorway, but think its really grotesque. The simplistic planting would look much better with a large bold architectural plant as focal point, and think that, if that structure really had to be there, cementing the rocks together dry stone wall style, would be much more effective and certainly look, a whole lot more natural.

Reaction score
Some great pics there. At the end of the day it's the healthy flowering plants that make them look so effective. Winter time when the bedding has died off they will all look as sad as each other. There are a couple I would bypass, the big one I think is the loos running both sides of the driveway, even planted they do tend to look a bit over the top. The other loo pics I thought were very effective.

Ask a Question