Unidentified houseplant - in urgent need of help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this house plant has been in the family for a few generations. I have no idea what it is, and recently its stem has withered and feels squidgy, when it has always been firm. Nothing has changed about its position or water/feeding routine. I wonder if the cold weather has affected it. But without knowing what it is, its been impossible to find accurate information on how to bring it back to health!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.
I have no idea what it is, does it always look like that, just one upright stem with what might be a flower at the top? Anyway, soft and squidgy does not sound good, that is how some of my succulents go if it gets too cold, and I have never revived them successfully.
I hope I am wrong and someone can give you better advice, or at least tell you what it is.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply! Believe it or not it has always looked like that, with varying sizes to the leaves at the tip. We now think it might be some form of Aeonium and has probably been damaged by the recent cold spell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to have a look at Aeonium out of curiosity and found this,
Don't know if it will be any help.

Ask a Question