Unhealthy Aloe Veras

Reaction score
I have realized that my aloe vera plant is not growing as fat and fleshy as before but nowadays they are rather meagre and not looking so healthy; i don't know if this could be due to the fact that it's potted and i keep it indoors.

Reaction score
It could definitely be because f the indoors bit, or maybe you are watering it to much? They tend to react differently when indoors, you need to water them a bit less than when they were outdoors. I water mine whenever I remember, they're indoors and doing fine. I've noticed most aloe veras don't like direct sunlight, but don't like to be in the shadows either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have realized that my aloe vera plant is not growing as fat and fleshy as before but nowadays they are rather meagre and not looking so healthy; i don't know if this could be due to the fact that it's potted and i keep it indoors.
My mother was a world class aloe grower in central Texas where the afternoon summer sun is super intense with high temps. She kept her aloes in the garage during the summer afternoons and wheeled them out every morning for the morning sunlight. She rarely ever watered them and I don't think she ever fertilized them. She literally gave away 1000's of them. When a customer stopped at our roadside vegetable stand everyone got one for free.

Reaction score
That is amazing and someone who truly loves her aloe vera plants. Its possible that you are over watering them too much, they don't need to be soaked when you water them.

Reaction score
It could definitely be because f the indoors bit, or maybe you are watering it to much? They tend to react differently when indoors, you need to water them a bit less than when they were outdoors. I water mine whenever I remember, they're indoors and doing fine. I've noticed most aloe veras don't like direct sunlight, but don't like to be in the shadows either.

I actually keep my aloe plant on the kitchen counter so i basically have it watered everyday; i think i will cut back on the watering and see if there will be any changes in my aloe plant.

Reaction score
Best of luck, Kammy! That might be it! Please keep us posted! I hope your aloe vera plant makes a quick and full recovery! I'm sure it will be fine, just give it time :)

Ask a Question