Unhappy lime tree

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
My lime tree is the unhappiest one sitting at the back. Her neighbor orange tree is slightly better (probably because the orange tree is bigger). Both shows curling leaves. Lime tree is basically folded.

I checked both plants and they look like they don't have spider mites looking pests. They both attracts lots of fruit flies.

What worries me is that the lime branch and leave turning yellow. I did a round of fruit tree fertilizing yesterday and today. I have been watering them more frequently the past week, almost daily with the small bucket on top of the alternate days sprinkler.

What else can I do? :(

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 331
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Stop with the fertilizing and watering. Citrus needs little fertilizer. One good watering once a week is more than enough

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck.
How to tell if watering is enough? I am in Sacramento, super hot and sunny and the ground cracks. The soil is not moist and loose like I used to deal with in Canada. I tried to dig a hole in the soil yesterday and the soil did not give way. It almost felt like in concrete ground.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck.
How to tell if watering is enough? I am in Sacramento, super hot and sunny and the ground cracks. The soil is not moist and loose like I used to deal with in Canada. I tried to dig a hole in the soil yesterday and the soil did not give way. It almost felt like in concrete ground.
When you water, water slowly. Completely saturate the soil out to the drip line deeply

Ask a Question