Ugh! Pepper problems

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I built a raised bed and decided to make it a pepper bed. Unfortunately the peppers dont seem to be doing well. Can the experts here help me determine the problem? The peppers were germinated from seed in peat pods.
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sweet peppers, hot peppers or both? What has the weather been like? Temps? It looks like the soil is way too wet. Also it looks as if the new growth is doing very good so I would be patient. My peppers looked a lot worse than yours but after it finally stopped raining and the sun started doing its thing they have grown out of it and are doing what they are supposed to do. Picked a bunch today in fact

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sweet peppers, hot peppers or both? What has the weather been like? Temps? It looks like the soil is way too wet. Also it looks as if the new growth is doing very good so I would be patient. My peppers looked a lot worse than yours but after it finally stopped raining and the sun started doing its thing they have grown out of it and are doing what they are supposed to do. Picked a bunch today in fact

It is both hot and sweet. The weather has been mid 70's to mid 80's. The soil is wet because I watered right before I took the pics. I did notice the new leaves but I guess I am in panic mode! I would die if I didn't have a pepper crop!!!!!

Thank you as always Chuck!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is both hot and sweet. The weather has been mid 70's to mid 80's. The soil is wet because I watered right before I took the pics. I did notice the new leaves but I guess I am in panic mode! I would die if I didn't have a pepper crop!!!!!

Thank you as always Chuck!!
Peppers, especially the hot one's like it quite a bit warmer. Are those temps night time or day time temps. Cool nights really retard the growth of peppers. Your hot peppers will probably lag behind the sweet ones until it get HOT and then they will really start to grow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Peppers, especially the hot one's like it quite a bit warmer. Are those temps night time or day time temps. Cool nights really retard the growth of peppers. Your hot peppers will probably lag behind the sweet ones until it get HOT and then they will really start to grow

Its been in the mid 60's at night. The sweet peppers seem to be growing faster.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Its been in the mid 60's at night. The sweet peppers seem to be growing faster.
Just don't overwater and when the buds first start to show don't forget to side dress them with a handful or two of good organic fertilizer and again when the fruits are about half grown. You will have more peppers than Peter Piper could pick

Ask a Question