Uggggg I hate groundhogs/raccoon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate racoons and ground hogs, this year they ate my entire garden. 50 kohlbri, 30 lettuce , 30 beats, even ate some of of my radishes and cucumbers. i Live next to a creek and so far I have caught 4 raccoons and thought I had gotten all the pests that were coming in garden. So I bought some tomato plants To replace my veggies........within 3 hours of planting I came out and half were destroyed.

so my next thought was to go old school biblical and lay waste to the creek, fire and brimstone,salt the earth style.........little drastic but well.......

my garden has a fence all the way around it but they just climb in. thought to put up electric wire around the fence but I live in town and I’m sure the city would not like that. So that leaves me with building a cage around my raised beds. To buy the lumber and chicken wire it will cost me roughly 500 US dollars. Now that I’m done complaining my question.

how can I build my cages as cheaply as possible To keep them out of garden? PVC lumber ect.....would like to make some thing That I can take with me when I move.

fishycomics

Big Apple
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
United States
Wish you luck, how to build with minimal money, start going around see what others are throwing away. to use. but you want to have something looking presentable, that we get. Wood is on the Rise. so it may be best to get some 4X4' posts.

Without Knowing the demensions but cost you $500.00

$16.00 per online or 3x4 $6.78 online

1622374641572.png

Amazon $54.25 for 7'X100. cut in half, wayfare 4 ftX 100 $39.00 a few dollars more and slighly taller

1622374832319.png

and $2.97 a stake
1622375049676.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Wish you luck, how to build with minimal money, start going around see what others are throwing away. to use. but you want to have something looking presentable, that we get. Wood is on the Rise. so it may be best to get some 4X4' posts.

Without Knowing the demensions but cost you $500.00

$16.00 per online or 3x4 $6.78 online

View attachment 80706

Amazon $54.25 for 7'X100. cut in half, wayfare 4 ftX 100 $39.00 a few dollars more and slighly taller

View attachment 80707

and $2.97 a stake
View attachment 80708
The plastic fencing will not stop animals. We had groundhogs rip thru it and deer jump over the 7' and then just rip it down on the way out. We went with 5' t-posts and metal fencing. Also trapped and relocated 7 groundhogs and 4 raccoons! So far this year no problems but we only have flowers in the garden now. All veggies are in planters on our deck.

fishycomics

Big Apple
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
United States
The plastic fencing will not stop animals. We had groundhogs rip thru it and deer jump over the 7' and then just rip it down on the way out. We went with 5' t-posts and metal fencing. Also trapped and relocated 7 groundhogs and 4 raccoons! So far this year no problems but we only have flowers in the garden now. All veggies are in planters on our deck.
that i understand thanks just throwing the suggestions up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b/6a
Country
United States
I like the idea of running one or two electrified wires around the top of the fence. I just built an enclosed raised bed with a 6' fence around it to keep out ground hogs and rabbits, if I started having trouble with racoons a couple electrified wires around the top would be my first option.

Ask a Question