Two dial tap timer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello, I acquired these Two dial electronic tap timers but without the manual. I had a look far and wide on the internet but couldn't find anything. I think they used to be sold and Bunnings but no longer so there's no support from them.

I understand the Frequency knob sets how long to wait between watering sessions and the Run Time sets how long the watering session lasts for. I assume you push the button on the LHS (to the left of the Frequency label) to start a new setup? When I do this nothing happens, yes I changed to a new set of batteries. Is it stuffed or is there more to do to get it working?

Any help most appreciated.

Tap timer.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
If nothing comes out when you turn on the tap then it sounds to me like they are broken. You mention that the batteries new? Did you test them? If they are 1.5 volts then 1.47 isn't good enough. The other thing I would try would be to clean the contacts with sandpaper they may have a film on them. Do you have a DVM? Not knowing how it is wired but you can try testing for continuity between the contacts. Can you open the unit up? If so then you can test the switches inside.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, I only stumbled across your question because I want to buy some of these because you can water as often as "one hour" which is great for establishing a new lawn. How they work, set the RUN TIME, say 20 minutes and then turn the FREQUENCY knob to RESET and then turn it to say 24 HOURS. What happens then, in 24 hours, it will operate for 20 minutes, NOT STRAIGHT AWAY. You will know if it is OK when you remove and re-insert the batteries as you will hear it "cycle". If no "cycle" then the batteries or the controller are RS. Good timers but the plastic cogs wear out after about a year and all you hear is Click, click, click. Just about all the timers work the same, you have to set them and then they will work 24 hours [or whatever FREQUENCY you choose] thereafter. I think that they also have an ON option, it should work almost immediately then. Shame on BUNNINGS, for not stocking these timers but they are marketers, not gardeners.

Ask a Question