Twig Girdler

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Experiencing a lot more twigs on the ground then usual? This little guy may be the culprit. They lay their eggs in small "burrows" they create in the branches of trees. Here is a link to a small article about them...
Twigs On The Ground

5469881.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Poor thing, someone killed it!:( I hate when people kill little insects.

It looks familiar. I think I saw a bug like this in my parents' garden. It didn't sit on a tree though, it was walking on grass.

Reaction score
Country
United States
As much as I lean towards live and let live there are certain insects that can do great damage to plants and tree's. Working in an organic recycling yard I know that one particular beetle, the Asian long horned beetle , can quickly destroy acres of forest. Any load of tree's of logs that comes in from a quarantine area must be immediately ground into mulch and we have to keep records of what area the tree's and logs came from, home much was brought in and by whom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I've heard of that aggressive Beetle. It is extremely difficult to get rid of them once you have them. There was an alert once in an area I was living in (can't remember where) where they were talking about them and that if we saw one to alert them immediately.

Ask a Question