Turf vs. Grass

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wanted to know your input on this debate. Some say it is better to go with an artificial (turf) grass, and others say we should stay natural. Artificial saves a lot more money, it is easier to take care of, and cost-effective over time. Natural grass is the most watered crop in the United States, according to some sources. having grass is expensive because you have to cut it, water it, and make sure weeds don't popup everywhere. I would personally have to go with artificial, just because it saves so much time and money, and is better for the environment in the longterm (just think about how many times you have used your lawn mower!)

Reaction score
The lovely thing about real grass is the smell and feel of it. Real grass is much softer and has a light fresh aroma. Artificial grass does have it benefits, but personally I do prefer real grass. I do like in the UK though, where it rains a lot and doesn't dry the grass out! Go with what you feel you prefer. Artificial grass is particularly good if people suffer from allergies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the first time when I hear about artificial grass...to me, it sounds horrible, I simply can't imagine it:eek: . I would never buy it. In my garden, I want to have real, living plants, not fake replacements. Natural grass is beautiful and it's nice to watch it grow. I love lying on grass:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I think this would not only depend on personal preference, but also on where you live. If you are someplace really dry like Arizona, then having turf seems like a sensible idea. I have read that some places people simply paint the dirt green to look like a yard with grass, but I think having turf would be a lot better than that idea, and more comfortable to walk or lie on.

Ask a Question