Turf supplier let me down- will this be an issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had ordered some premium turf to arrive for a lawn, had spent all day rotavating the ground levelling it and laying topsoil only for them to not turn up on the day planned.

I now cannot lay the turf until Monday or Tuesday, so had to turn them away today and hope to come back by Tuesday.

My question is.. the ground is perfectly ready for the turf yesterday- but if it is left 4-5 days will this compromise it?

I am concerned it will give time for weeds to seed in there and that they will come through the new grass- I dont really have anything to cover it.

Is this a concern or should it be ok for a few days?

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The weeds will seed in there whether the turf is down or not. I always think of grass instead of lawn. The good bit is that you are not putting in that dreadful plastic stuff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is not going to make a huge difference. If it had been me I would have had the turf today and left it rolled up 'til Monday. So long as it isn't baking hot weather and you keep it damp it wouldn't come to any harm, grass is tough stuff.

Ask a Question