Turf builder?

Reaction score
Just wondering here has anyone used the Scott's Turf Builder on high traffic areas? My German shepherd and husky have run a circle through the lawn, and I was wondering if that would help combat it? Or does anyone else have better suggestions? The pups love the outdoors but I hate that "path" through my yard!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just wondering here has anyone used the Scott's Turf Builder on high traffic areas? My German shepherd and husky have run a circle through the lawn, and I was wondering if that would help combat it? Or does anyone else have better suggestions? The pups love the outdoors but I hate that "path" through my yard!
I am sure that there will be a lot of illinformed and uninformed folks responding to this but Scotts products are nothing but concentrated chemicals and false advertising designed to seperate you from your money. Use them long enough and your entire landscape will deteriorate unless you use more and more of their products each year. Believe it or not but I really hope that you do a little research into what you are contemplating. One other thing you might want to do is a little research on the ratios between the chemicals Scotts uses and the rates of cancer in household pets. Ever think about doing things the natural way that Mother Nature intended?

Reaction score
I won't use anything like Scott's and happily my dad doesn't either. Plenty of organic methods that can be used if you do the research.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I do not believe that you will find any turf grass that will withstand constant pressure from 2 large dogs. Why not duplicate what they do in parks with their walkways. There are ways, some expensive, that will do what you want and actually help the enviornment. The expensive way would be to lay decomposed granite down where the dogs run. But being a poor old country boy I would use a medium sized particle hardwood mulch. Maybe line it with landscape timbers to keep in the mulch, maybe with some kind of brick?

Ask a Question