Trying new

Reaction score
Country
United States
What have you planted that was successful despite the advice that "it won't grow in your zone"!?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My wife said my idea of vertical trellis for crimson sweet (20-25lb) watermelons was a * idea. They are as tall as I am right now. They have the little curly wisps gourds have but they are uninspired to latch on. They would rather tangle together, and where I tangle them together whilst going up the trellis they exceed. Love in the family I guess. Weird plant that way.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My wife said my idea of vertical trellis for crimson sweet (20-25lb) watermelons was a * idea. They are as tall as I am right now. They have the little curly wisps gourds have but they are uninspired to latch on. They would rather tangle together, and where I tangle them together whilst going up the trellis they exceed. Love in the family I guess. Weird plant that way.
Haha hopefully it works out for you on multiple fronts!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Lordy, lordy, when we moved to Texas we were told "It won't grow here"--everything from roses to tomatoes to spinach and lettuce. We were surrounded by farms, so we guessed something would grow here. We were right and have had successful flower gardens (40 rose bushes) and lots of vegetables to share with friends and freeze/can for ourselves.
Vanessa, if some one tells you it won't grow, see if they have a garden!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lordy, lordy, when we moved to Texas we were told "It won't grow here"--everything from roses to tomatoes to spinach and lettuce. We were surrounded by farms, so we guessed something would grow here. We were right and have had successful flower gardens (40 rose bushes) and lots of vegetables to share with friends and freeze/can for ourselves.
Vanessa, if some one tells you it won't grow, see if they have a garden!
Very good advice. I will try to grow something just to prove others wrong.

Ask a Question