Trying my hand at growing ladyfingers in a pot, any advice from anyone?

mandy1010

love plants :)
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi everyone, I just started growing some ladyfingers at the start of the year and being quite new at this, I was wondering if anyone has any type of advice on anything about it( soil type, watering etc...) I was wondering if I should also repot some to a different pot, what are your thoughts?

They just started blooming quite recently, here are some pictures.
Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.52.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.52.09 PM.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ladyfingers or Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) can be grown in a container, like most plants.
If the plant is growing, flowering and fruiting well for you, then the container is large enough, if not potting up or planting out would be the solution. In general, a larger pot will allow you to grow a larger plant with higher yield.

Okra culture is straight-forward: warm temperatures, full sun, regular water with good drainage, and ample fertilizer.

mandy1010

love plants :)
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Ladyfingers or Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) can be grown in a container, like most plants.
If the plant is growing, flowering and fruiting well for you, then the container is large enough, if not potting up or planting out would be the solution. In general, a larger pot will allow you to grow a larger plant with higher yield.

Okra culture is straight-forward: warm temperatures, full sun, regular water with good drainage, and ample fertilizer.
Thanks!

Ask a Question