Trying for a large Altlantic Giant this year

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
morning/afternoon/evening all :)
I am growing a few squash and different pumpkins this year but I always grow Atlantic Giant, this year I'm going to molly coddle this Atlantic and see if I can manage a whopper, fingers crossed.;) This is he, just potted on for the first time and looking good so far.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
IMG_0037.JPG
Oops, forgot the pic....:mad::p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing progress pics :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks Becky. Managed a few quite large different ones large year but going to go for it with this one and the good thing is, no matter the size, I will still a few meals from it :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got a mature compost heap to plant it into? :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hi Zigs and yes I certainly do :) Last years old compost heap was where I grew the last lot but I just grew them normally for eating and storing with the usual care etc but this Atlantic, I am going to "try and feed and water the beast" :devil: and maybe even talk to it ha ha just to see what I get :rolleyes:. I know I know, a bit out there but you don't try these things then you will never know :D;)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Best put a pallet under the thing then, sounds like it's gonna be a good one :D

Dusbin full of nettles and comfrey would be a good feed for it, smells though :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks Zigs...(what faith you have lol) that it's going to grow o_O:barefoot: and yes I usually use the nettle feed :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Talking to your plants may tend to make you spend more time on them, which leads to better care. Then again my mom used to talk to the gladiolus we cut and brought into the house to put in vases. You might still be crazy, but a little reading on history proves that being crazy doesn't prove anything except that you're crazy.

Ask a Question