Truck bed gardening

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone tried using old truck parts and accessories for gardening? Maybe you can give some tips and recommendations. I've been looking at Pinterest and saw a few ideas

b0bd8e4b18d1d3654c3fec2466d531aa.jpg

truck_farm_2_630.jpg

I've also found good reads:

https://www.todayshomeowner.com/truck-bed-gardening/

http://www.eatingwell.com/article/15708/truck-farm-unusual-urban-garden-project/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The first one is really charming. The second one, maybe not such a good idea taking your garden with you where ever you go. I suspect there are people who would help themselves to some of the crops, and what do you do if you need to use the truck bed? i love the way people are being inventive though, growing food and flowers in every nook and cranny. Recently @Daren or @zigs posted about old shopping cart planters.:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Old shopping cart planters look interesting too.

I think I'd agree that the second one may not be such a good idea. It seems hard to maintain the plants if the truck is always in motion. I've seen people using old truck parts like tires, rims, and even the rusty car hood in their yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The possibilities are endless and the more the imagination, the more the possibilities. Someone made a small garden pond using a truck tire:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Love the top one(y) if only all rusty old trucks and cars that where parked to die looked like that. The owners would not get the hate mail from there other folk about the unsightly look of there driveway:) & yes Beverly I did post a few pictures some time back on planted shopping trolleys ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got a toilet in my yard that I’m gonna put flowers in this year. I thought about putting mint in there and giving it away then sending a picture of where it came from.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I got a toilet in my yard that I’m gonna put flowers in this year. I thought about putting mint in there and giving it away then sending a picture of where it came from.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ask a Question