Tried of barrowing!

Reaction score
I am tired of barrowing my folks lawn mower. However, the pennies are a bit low right. Therefore, I would like to know where I can get a nice used lawn mower and other things I will need to use on my yard. I've heard craigslist is a good place to start, however I'm a bit nervous to look there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am tired of barrowing my folks lawn mower. However, the pennies are a bit low right. Therefore, I would like to know where I can get a nice used lawn mower and other things I will need to use on my yard. I've heard craigslist is a good place to start, however I'm a bit nervous to look there.
I too would be a bit leery about CraigsList. I would go to reputable small engine / lawn mower shop or dealer and ask about their used machines. As far as hand tools go how about garage sales or a pawn shop

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Pawn stores and thrift shops sell lawnmovers for cheap prices. I know that the thrift stores will generally test the mowers before putting them on the sales floor to make sure they work. The only downfall is that you can't test the mower until you get home because they have to drain the machines of gas before putting them out for sale.

Reaction score
I have bought several things on Craigslist; a tiller, a tv, a pickup, 2 cars, a garden tractor, and several other things.

I am very mechanically inclined and have a pretty thorough checklist when looking at used equipment. When I was looking for a car a few years ago, I walked away from over a dozen cars because I found something wrong that the seller didn't tell about.

If you aren't mechanically inclined, and are looking for a push mower, you could ask the seller if you could mow a little in his yard. If it starts good, doesn't smoke when you start it, doesn't vibrate excessively, stays running well for at least ten minutes, and restarts easily immediately after shutting it off, it should serve you well.

If you are looking for a riding mower, there are a lot more things to look at.

What other things are you looking for?

Ask a Question