Tree problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I live in zone 6 of the Texas panhandle. I planted a few trees this year in the spring. The summer was very hot, dry and windy. I live on a farm and planted some trees outside my yard but still easy to water with a hose. The following pictures are of 2 oak trees and an elm tree. We had many weeks over 100 degrees and I did my best to keep the trees watered. Now in the past few weeks it has gotten much cooler and lots of rain. Is this just drought stress on new trees and don't worry? Or do I have some type of issue?

The maple, ash, and pine trees are all happy and healthy.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6104.JPG
    IMG_6104.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6105.JPG
    IMG_6105.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_6106.JPG
    IMG_6106.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 171
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
My Immediate reaction after looking at the photo's is wind burn,
This can often happen to young trees that have been blasted with high winds or prolonged windy conditions, if you have any means of creating some kind of windbreak this will certainly help, but as trees mature and aclimatise the problem should become less noticeable even disappear.If you have been watering sufficiently then it's unlikely to be drought stress, you could mulch around base of trees with some manure to conserve moisture and feed as you live in a hot zone. Hope that's helpful.

Ask a Question