Transplanting Raspberries/Blackberries

Reaction score
Country
United States
Morning/Afternoon,

This is my first year with raspberries/blackberries, and I know the time is coming where I have to prune and clean up my berries for the fall. I was wondering if it is ok to transplant the whole plant once it goes dormant, or If should I just transport the suckers. A lot of my plants are new and just starting off, and I don't have a lot of suckers, so I am worried I will just have to start over from scratch if I don't have suckers.

Thank you for your time!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am going to completely renovate the garden. I threw it together this year and really didn't think about things like drainage/spacing/etc. We were bored and got carried away, and I went a little crazy. I made raised beds, but need to redo everything this fall. My plan is to move the raspberries into 5 gallon buckets (once they go dormant) while I make new planters and get a drainage system in place. Our original plan was just a couple tomatoes and herbs, but like I said....I got carried away. Now mind you, I have never grown any plants...ever.
I used to say I couldn't grow grass on a baseball field.

We ended up giving a lot of our produce away and asking for donations for Alex's Lemonade Stand. It kind of blew up and my daughter was on the news 3 times, there were a few news articles written, and she was even on the radio. I did this all for her as a type of quarantine project, and we can't believe what happened. Here is a quick article if you are interested:

Ask a Question