Too soon?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got this orange tree a couple of weeks ago. Is this too young to bear edible fruit? It has 7 green oranges on it now. I understand, it's a tree, it's going to take time to really produce anything. But will the oranges on here be edible? Or will they die off to make room for more?
20170606_170456.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You might loose 1 or 2 but you will have fruit. One thing though, you will have to transplant into a larger container or watering will become a problem.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You might loose 1 or 2 but you will have fruit. One thing though, you will have to transplant into a larger container or watering will become a problem.

That was the biggest container I had at the time. I drilled 5x1" holes in the bottom for drainage. I intend to plant it in the ground soon, (within a year at the most) this is just temporary until I get my yard cleared out and have a good place to plant it.

Ask a Question