Too little room?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
These two squash plants are in this pot. I should have transplanted them but I didn't :unsure:. Are they gonna make it? They look great for now...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 318
Reaction score
The pot won't be big enough to handle both of them, its probably not big enough for one of them. I get one out of there and into its own pot ASAP.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Can you plant them in your garden? In my opinion it would be the best solution. Squash is an enormous plant, it needs plenty of room. My mother grows it and believe me, it took over half of her lawn:p
Both of your plants look really healthy, so there is a big chance that they'll survive if you transplant them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll try later today, thanks. I hope they survive :)
I think you will have an easier time of it if you will well water. the soil in the pot and have the hole already dug. I can't tell for sure how far apart the plants are but it looks like about 6". I usually plant my squash about 8" apart but I think instead of trying to seperate the intertwined roots I would plant them together in the same hole. Make the hole substantially wider than the pot but only as deep as the soil in the pot. Mix a couple of handfuls of organic fertilizer with the soil you removed from the hole and pack it down around the sides of the now planted squash

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Living in Bastrop you have plenty of time to plant more seeds..If you really like squash and have room look around for Tatuma

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I didn't know. Mine sprouted over a month ago but then it died. Except for one little plant that I transplanted to one of the beds but it's not doing good at all. I'll plant some more this weekend and see if I'm lucky this time. Are you in the Hill Country?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I didn't know. Mine sprouted over a month ago but then it died. Except for one little plant that I transplanted to one of the beds but it's not doing good at all. I'll plant some more this weekend and see if I'm lucky this time. Are you in the Hill Country?
And you planted in the ground or in pots? Yeah, I am outside of a little place called Tarpley about 80 WNW of San Antonio

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I started them inside and then transplanted them to the ground.

I've never been to Tarpley. I think Bandera is the closest I've ever been.

Ask a Question