Tomatoes in Colorado

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I have some new tomato babies and we have hit a last cold front they are already been transplanted and I was hoping to get them out today. Should I keep them inside for the next week next to the "sun" or just send them on their way to the wild backyard? Help. It's currently 37 degrees F or 2.7 C . Lowest for the week. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would keep them in another week. Could get frost at those conditions. Won't make much of a difference if you keep them in another week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
At about 55F tomato growth is slowed. At 45F it more or less stops. Your soil temperatures are extremely important. I would not transplant them until the ground soil temp is more than 55F. Soil temps in a small seedling container can fluctuate greatly so when hardening off the plants try to not let the soil get below 55F. It is very important to maintain a fast growth rate with tomatoes so I would keep them inside until soil temps are maintained at 55F+.

Ask a Question