Tomato plants are finally getting flowers

Reaction score
My tomato plants have been growing tall but not really filling out at all, which is odd because usually they get huge here. They also usually have quite a few flowers and small tomatoes growing by now but the weather here must have delayed everything. They are still not getting bushy, more or less just tall, but at least now I am starting to see flowers on a couple plants! There is one plant that has had 2 tomatoes growing on it for a couple weeks, but those tomatoes had not gotten bigger or ripe.

Hoping all the plants start growing a little better now we have been having sunshine lately! Although it has been a hot humid sunshine, at least my plants should start doing something now. I love tomatoes and cannot wait until they are growing :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Have you had cooler overnight temperatures than usual? They tend to stall if it goes below 10c at night.

Mine are just starting to set fruits now, weeks later than usual.

Reaction score
Have you had cooler overnight temperatures than usual? They tend to stall if it goes below 10c at night.

Mine are just starting to set fruits now, weeks later than usual.

Yeah we did have cooler nights for a while before and we were having record rains too. Now we have been in a hot and humid heat wave for over a week so the tomato plants are happy now (of course my electric company will be happy too)! May and June were definitely a bit different for us then normal.

Reaction score
I have a bunch of plants (including tomatoes) that I planted all the way back in April, and aside from a couple that have blooms, none are showing much of anything. I'm hoping with the weather (hopefully!) staying nice now, they will start growing and maturing faster! I'm very impatient!

Reaction score
I have a bunch of plants (including tomatoes) that I planted all the way back in April, and aside from a couple that have blooms, none are showing much of anything. I'm hoping with the weather (hopefully!) staying nice now, they will start growing and maturing faster! I'm very impatient!

I planted most of my tomatoes in early March and I've picked about a dozen cherry ones so far. I'm in south Louisiana and March is pretty much the right time. I have bunches of big green regular tomatoes but none ripe yet. This year they all look good... last year I didn't have much luck. My cucumbers have been slow getting started this year... Probably cause of the cooler than normal spring we've had.

Ask a Question