Tomato plant leaves curling

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey y'all I have a tomato plant and it's leaves are curling up. For the most part they look green and healthy but they are just curling. From what I've read it could be a number of things but hopefully it's just from getting too much sun. I'll attach a photo - let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20220708_224458217.jpg
    PXL_20220708_224458217.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ours did the same when we started to get really hot weather. They have been like that for a few weeks now and still green and growing. There has been no change to the growth of the fruit either. Probably just from the hot summer sun.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I am watering every 2 days
I water every day, sometimes more :) I always reckon little and often is best, like I make up feed half strength and use it twice as often as the label says in lesser amounts. My uncle used to grow tomatoes when I was a kid, large, perfect, tasty, better than any I have seen anywhere. He had two forty foot greenhouses and used to spend most of his time in them watering, primping and preening them. Most things seem to do better if you leave them to get on with it; tomatoes are about the only thing that love all the fuss.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I water every day, sometimes more :) I always reckon little and often is best, like I make up feed half strength and use it twice as often as the label says in lesser amounts. My uncle used to grow tomatoes when I was a kid, large, perfect, tasty, better than any I have seen anywhere. He had two forty foot greenhouses and used to spend most of his time in them watering, primping and preening them. Most things seem to do better if you leave them to get on with it; tomatoes are about the only thing that love all the fuss.
I'll have to give that a try. I was just told that the best time to water is in the morning but maybe for tomatoes it's a good idea like you said to split it up in a couple sessions. Once in the morning and once in the evening after the heat. Thanks for the advice!

Ask a Question