Tomato Hook Worms

Reaction score
Hello. I have several tomato plants in my garden and I love them. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice about those nasty green hook tomato worms. My tomato plants are always covered by them. I pick them off when I notice but there has to be a better way to deal with them. Has anyone had experience with these worms? What is a good way to repel them?

Reaction score
Do you mean horn worms? Ugly green things that look quite plump? If this is the case one thank you can do is plant marigolds near your tomatoes. They do not like the scent of the marigolds. I always plant them between my tomato plants. I have also heard of spraying the leaves with a bit of water and dish soap mixed in. I have never tried this so I am not sure if it works or what it might do to the plants themselves. Good luck!

Reaction score
Great advice Shellyanne36, those horn worms eat more than just tomatoes. The worst part of it all is that they leave a trail of their damage. I love those wasp that attack them instant payback.

Ask a Question