Tomato help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let me start by saying hello everyone and thank you in advance for pointers and everything else I get out if this website ! I'm a first year gardener, and my family and I are loving it. We live in western washington close to the coast. My question is regarding tomatoes. I planted 4 plants, a supersteak, early girl, Roma, and candyland sweet varieties. They started out great, growing fast with the main stem growing very thick over the next few weeks. They are all doing well, with the exception of my early girl plant. The plant itself is only about 2 feet tall , but HUGE in diameter. It splits into 2 main stems, and is nice and green, with huge leaves. The leaves are curled which has been common in my area this year, I guess because it hasn't been very hot and sunny yet. I can't see anywhere where a the fruiting stem would grow from. Did I over prune it? Should I cut one of the main stems off ? I've fertilized a couple times with crushed egg shells and Epsom salts. My other 3 plants have immature fruit already but this one shows no sign of any flowers. Thank you

Attachments

• 20180707_103457.jpg
    20180707_103457.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20180707_103442.jpg
    20180707_103442.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 201

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Looks like they're suffering a bit from the heat.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It really hasn't been too hot ! Very humid though. Did I over prune it? Should I be more patient ?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No, they'll be fine:)

Ask a Question