Today's carrot harvest!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Picked some carrots today. Most of these tops were starting to wilt so I pulled them up. A lot of them were also transplants, thus the odd shapes. None the less, I believe they will be just fine! There's plenty more still going and another batch a month behind, so I'm pretty happy with carrot harvest here. Already pulled about this much over the last few weeks as well.

IMG_20190427_165757509_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190427_165217339.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well done were over winter from October time frame. They did grow slowly. Others were planted in December and then more in late February. Some of the October seeds were transplanted I think in late Feb from one end of the bed to the other.

One thing I need to start doing is putting the planting date on my tags somewhere, I'm bad about remembering that! My garden is sloppy!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I love fresh carrots from the garden....and have been enjoying them here for about a month.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well done were over winter from October time frame. They did grow slowly. Others were planted in December and then more in late February. Some of the October seeds were transplanted I think in late Feb from one end of the bed to the other.

One thing I need to start doing is putting the planting date on my tags somewhere, I'm bad about remembering that! My garden is sloppy!
Then judging from the nice size you show I simply pulled them too early. It was really embarassing to hear my love say "That your carrot?". I literally plan to impress her with my carrot on the next go round!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Then judging from the nice size you show I simply pulled them too early. It was really embarassing to hear my love say "That your carrot?". I literally plan to impress her with my carrot on the next go round!
Haha! Well none of mine are exactly impressive in size. But I'd say average. I'll leave it at that before this goes downhill! Hehe

Ask a Question