Toasty winter, toasty fall too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Going to be nice and toasty in the house come winter and it has been a toasty fall getting there.
Of course am still working on a bit more and have stopping stacking. I hate finger printing but I do stack what I believe to be a good start for the next winter 20/21 if it were to arrive before normal.
1572267143569.png

I like to do most of my splitting in the winter when the wood is frozen as I believe it splits easier then. Of course I have to split some in the woods so I can wrestle them in the trailer.

I do have a power splitter but only use it for the really what I call uglys with mutiable crotchs and such. I am not a wood snob if I can some how make it small enough to fit in my wood furnace I burn it.

1572269077026.png

I burn 995 Ash that the Emerald Ash Bore Has killed. I started burning the killed trees in 1999 and today only have a couple left stand but are dead.

I do have a some new stuff coming up some as tall as knee high. Hopeing the Emerald Ash Bore die off soon.
Of course I probly will not live long enoug to cut and burn these new trees.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
We do not have time to toast our toes by the fire.
We are out hunting coyotes, skinning them sewing the hides and streching them. Then we have to spend time to cut split next years winter heat. Inbetween we take long naps to reast up.

:D Al

Ask a Question