To many flowers in 1 pot?

Reaction score
Hey guys just want some feedback on what to do, i have this pot where i just planted some sunflowers, i have 3 little plants growing in this little biodegradable pot, what is the best course of action? should i just leave them as it is, or should i take out the rest and just leave 1?

I don't want any problems in the future such as roots being to close to each other and such, so should i just leave them alone or should i take out the other 2 and just leave 1? Thanks for the feedback :p

ikvXKmd9ZnwbD.jpg

Reaction score
I'd wait for some of the more experienced gardeners to chime in, but I would wait until they're a teensy bit bigger and separate them. I've had plants die on me because I had too many in the pot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd separate them. Just be careful and make sure you don't hurt the roots. Your sunflowers are very small, so it's possible that they haven't developed very big roots yet:) Plant them in separate pots and everything should be fine:)

Reaction score
When they have at least two leaves then it is okay to separate them. Those pots will eventually become too small for even one plant so then you can put them in the garden.

Reaction score
If this is your only pot of sunflowers and you want all three plants, you should let them grow until they have a couple of sets of proper leaves and separate them. If you have several of these pots growing, wait and see which is the healthiest plant and discard the others. Either way, it looks like they will interfere with each other in a pot that size and they should be growing individually.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Since they will be growing over 5 feet tall, you are definitely going to need to move them from the little pots. if it is not too cold where you live, you can probably just go ahead and transplant them outside now.
When I planted mine, the squirrels came along and ate all the seeds, and the next day, all I found were the shredded shells. So, the next time, I sprouted them indoors in a planter and then I moved them outside when they got their first leaves.
I have found that sometimes they get long and stringy inside, and then fall over too easy when you transplant them, if you let them grow for too long before moving them outside.

Ask a Question