Tiny Tim Tomato Leaf Curl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi plant people! I've been growing tiny tim tomatoes in containers this year for the first time. They're starting to produce fruit but the leaves have been stiff and curling in downwards for months. I've read that curling under is a sign of over-watering but I really only water them when the first inch or so of soil feels dry. When i tried watering less, a few of the lower leaves turned yellow and brown and fell off. I cannot for the life of me figure out what i'm doing wrong or if this is just what they are supposed to look like. How can I help these lil guys?

Attachments

• IMG-9752.jpg
    IMG-9752.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-9753.jpg
    IMG-9753.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-9754.jpg
    IMG-9754.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
How often are the plants watered? I'm no expert, but it could be an over or under watering thing. Could be a soil born bacteria as well as root rot also due to overwatering, but your containers don't really look super wet. I would also think it could be a lower temperature issue. Not sure where you live. I'm going to let others chime in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
How often are the plants watered? I'm no expert, but it could be an over or under watering thing. Could be a soil born bacteria as well as root rot also due to overwatering, but your containers don't really look super wet. I would also think it could be a lower temperature issue. Not sure where you live. I'm going to let others chime in.
I water them about every day. I'm in Detroit but I don't think temperature is an issue because even before i brought them outside they were doing that. I used fresh potting soil and my other plants in the same soil are doing fine so im assuming its not bacteria (but i could be wrong). Root rot is definitely a possibility and i'm not really sure how to check for that/fix it.

Ask a Question