Tineke turning pink??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I bought a very young tineke rubber tree a few weeks ago and when I got it the variegation was all just white. Now the variegation on the newer leaves is starting to turn pink. I have the plant a few feet away from a SW facing window so it gets pretty bright and constant indirect light. I’m wondering if there is a way to keep the variegation bright white instead of it turning pink. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The burgundy tones of this plant are all part of its beauty. Maybe you could do a little research and choose a different variety if you don`t like the colouring.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The shop I bought it from had full grown plants of the same variety will full bright white variegation so I was just wondering how to get it like that. I know some people like the pink that the ruby gets but I’m just trying to figure out how the nursery had theirs all white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it would be a good idea to ask them at the nursery, there is just a possibility they would change the plant you have for another one in the circumstances :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
the nursery is taking a break from orders so I can’t message them. So if anyone on here knows how to get the variegation to stay white I would appreciate it

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My Mum used to get me to polish the rubber plant leaves with milk and cotton wool. Maybe that would help?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh that’s super interesting!! Maybe that makes the leaves shine more? I’ve never heard of that but maybe I’ll give it a try for fun

Ask a Question