Three sisters garden

Reaction score
I'm thinking about planting a three sisters garden this year. I have a small patch beside the main garden that I haven't used in a while, and thought the sisters garden may make a nice addition.The three sisters garden is made up of corn, pole beans and squash. The corn is planted first, and then the beans are planted next to the corn, and finally the squash.

Has any had any experience with this type of garden set up? If so I'd love to hear how it worked for you or any tips you might have.

Reaction score
Slicings, Welcome to the greatest forum around the place. Sorry I have no advice to offer...maybe someothers will ...
I have never heard of the three sisters garden. Thanks for that information.. I have learned something new today :) Have a great time here. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. The three sisters is a Native American companion garden. One of the reasons I want to try it is to show my daughter a little Native American history and because I really hope it'll help my corn out this year. Last year my corn did very poorly. It dried up or the ears swelled up black. The tomatoes and cucumbers did fine though.

Ask a Question