Thompson & Morgan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Various opinions on this supplier. Some think they are terrible. Others like me are quite happy with them. We've bought stuff from them every year for nearly a couple of decades. They've got things wrong on occasions, but a polite e-mail has always resulted in a satisfactory outcome.

But it's the same the World over, there's always "jobsworths" who do their employers no favours.

A T&M catalogue landed on our door mat on Saturday. I always discard the enclosed order forms, glance through the catalogue and if there's anything I fancy I go on-line and order it. In this case a collection of bare root roses.
I noticed on page 2 of the catalogue there was an offer of 40 large snowdrop bulbs with every order.
I also noticed the price of the roses in the catalogue was lower than that on the website, so I e-mailed them to check that the lower price would apply to an on-line order.

They confirmed they would so I ordered them. I then e-mailed them about the free snowdrops.
The response was that I should have quoted the code which was on the back of the order form.
I replied that I didn't use the order form and there was no mention of a required code on page 2 of the catalogue.
The response (different people responding) was that as I hadn't quoted the code, they were under no obligation to give me the free snowdrops and I wouldn't be getting them
I responded saying, that I accepted that they were under no obligation to give me the free snowdrops, nor was I under any obligation to buy anything from them again.
This brought the response of a phone call within minutes of me sending the e-mail, with an apology and an assurance I'd be getting the free snowdrops.

"It pays to complain."

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I too have bought online from T&M; I've also bought online from J Parkers and Jersey Plants mostly favourable; the plants which died could be put down to other factors like transport.

Jersey Plants sent me a disturbing email to inform me they MIGHT have online security breaches; at first I didn't think much of this but very shortly after Bron and I had almost £1,000 unauthorized withdrawals from our account. Fortunately these were quickly spotted by me and stopped whilst "Pending" it took over a week before everything was sorted out without monetary loss to us. It's possibly unrelated to Jersey Plants and we'll never now the criminal/s involved but it was a wake up call regarding online security.

We don't have to shop at any of these places online having local garden centres so I've now cancelled our account with all three and also have new card details; on top of this I've been looking at other online companies we've bought from and am going through them closing accounts; I've also bought some of these sleeves;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-RFID...m=232140064078&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I check my account twice daily Sean; this is why I very quickly found the unauthorized withdrawals and reported them before the money even left our account. It's time severe punishment was handed out to these criminals because the laws are too soft these day?

Kind regards, Colin

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qcurrys

Latest Threads