This Weed

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Help me destroy this weed completely from my garden. It has a very good seed dispersal mechanism that has made new seedlings to grow barely a week after weeding my garden. It usually grows on all seasons.

Attachments

• 1441794956978.jpg
    1441794956978.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 280
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
So this is going to seem trite, but - don't let the seeds disperse. You have to be vigilant and check the garden daily for this plant. Wherever you see it, remove it immediately. Don't just pull it, dig around it to be sure it isn't also spreading underground. Look in your neighbors' yards to be sure the plant isn't spreading from their gardens as well.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
If it is common in your garden on all seasons then you might want to check if it is in your neighbors yard. If that's the case then it means it spreads to your place from there even after you pull it out. Or else it might be the kind that just keeps coming back. First check with your neighbors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it is spread by seeds keep it mowed and don't let the seed heads form. If by underground runners or rhizomes you may have to resort to the nuclear option.........................nasty chemicals like Roundup

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can always put down a pre-emergent, as long as you aren't trying to grow anything else from seed in that area at the moment. It'll keep any seeds from germinating for at least a few weeks, which should give you a chance to rein the plant in. There are several brands on the market, but I've had good results from the one Scott's puts out. Best of luck!

Ask a Question