This ones for the new to gardening

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

One of the best bits of info you can get and keep is the seed packet,
These packets will have all the info you'll need to know ref the seeds you've bought, they're worth keeping as a general info for future ref,

But remember the seed companies info ref when to sow etc is only a general guide, they dont know your part of the country you live in
Ie the uk for example has very different weather charts for lets say scotland and Kent,
they are at opposit ends of the uk and can really differ ref weather on the same day,

So if for example the seed pkt info is saying sow in april and plant out in May !!!!!! "Perhaps in kent the weather allows these times, but in scotland it could be snow,

So know your own area and climate etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Given my success decades ago, at growing vegetables from seed, I think the seed packets are worth keeping, as you could possibly fit your crop in them.

P

Peace perfect peace

And your reply to my comment ref noise/sunday gardening,
I think you need to stop coming on here with the attitiude your showing ref both these comments from myself,

Im big enough to say when i dont like this sort of remarks out in the open (no need to report)
Now you've got it straight from me to you "Back off with your bad mouth"
the title of this add was for those new to gardening if you know so much then lets here ome help & advice from you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I think you need to stop coming on here with the attitiude your showing ref both these comments from myself,

Im big enough to say when i dont like this sort of remarks out in the open (no need to report)
the title of this add was for those new to gardening if you know so much then lets here ome help & advice from you.

You are over-reacting, to an obvious joke to anyone with a sense of humour.

I'm glad you mentioned your other post, as I considered you were "out of order" telling other contributors how they should spend their Sundays. That's now two instances, to my knowledge, where you believed it was your job to come onto a message board and tell other contributors what to do.

It doesn't work.

The "back off with your mouth" remark is actually personally offensive, (it did make me smile as it says a lot about you).
I won't report it on this occasion, because you've obviously little experience of the interaction on this message board.

Let's move on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the best bits of info you can get and keep is the seed packet,
These packets will have all the info you'll need to know ref the seeds you've bought, they're worth keeping as a general info for future ref,
Thank you. A good piece of advice.
So know your own area and climate etc.
And there lies the nub of it: seed packet advice is very general, so knowing your own area/climate - even your garden's own micro climate - is essential in getting the best out of your chosen seeds.
Seed packets give generalised advice for all gardeners; beginner gardeners can harness that advice to experiment in their own environment and any successes/failures can be put down to the experience of their personal micro climate garden.
Our local village had its own plant sale this weekend (every year, the weekend after Chelsea) and a good number of them keep a gardening journal and I know they keep seed packets and swap ideas/trials based on that information. So, a good starting point "thumbs up"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously it was a joke!! Lighten up

Exactly!

We're in an age now where some can't perceive attempts at humour without having a smilie included in what they are reading..

I've refused to ever use smilies in message board posts, or any written work, since day one.

"I believe Shakespeare was the same."

(err..that's another joke).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wonder how people who need emojis to understand feelings and emotions in writing live not being able to read books or anything else. I don’t want to live a life that I can’t lose myself and venture off to another time and place with a good book!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

Those of us who have been around a while know the different types of humor that certain people possess. Actually I found Sean’s original remark quite clever. I find it hard to reconcile your forum name with this particular post.

Ask a Question