United States
This plant produced well over 200 jalapenos last year
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I've overwintered chili plants twice, (in the UK) and found that they weren't very healthy, the yields halved and they fruited no earlier than plants grown seeds taken from a ripe early chili & sown in Nov/Dec.
So that's what I do, nowadays.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've overwintered chili plants twice, (in the UK) and found that they weren't very healthy, the yields halved and they fruited no earlier than plants grown seeds taken from a ripe early chili & sown in Nov/Dec.
So that's what I do, nowadays.

Here it is last July. I have read jalapenos dont over winter well. I must be lucky!
IMG_0186.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Or you may be very good at nursing the plants through the winter,, or you may have a better climate for overwintering, or any combination of those.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Or you may be very good at nursing the plants through the winter,, or you may have a better climate for overwintering, or any combination of those.

I basically chopped it down to a foot high. I placed it in my sliding glass door as it is facing east. I watered every two weeks as well. I am going to test this with some of the hot pepper plants i got this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a bell pepper from last year that looks like that. It's slowly coming back and has lots of blooms and fruit, just not a ton of leaves yet. Hoping it does ok.

Ask a Question