Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
fullbloomredrose.jpg
yellowodew.JPG
These roses showed up only once but never again in our garden although there were roses on these plants but none to compare with these. I am trying to get back that quality and hope I will succeed.

fullbloomredrose.jpg
yellowodew.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Love the roses Grouie! They are hungry plants so if you can get hold of some well rotted horse manure to dig in round them they'll love it and put on a great display for you. :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice. I grind up all of the kitchen greens with coffee grounds to help my rose bush which does not look as good as yours for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They both are stunning! Also, I love those little raindrops on them:) You have a truly wonderful garden, Grouie!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Love the roses Grouie! They are hungry plants so if you can get hold of some well rotted horse manure to dig in round them they'll love it and put on a great display for you. :)

Roses are indeed demanding. I do not have horse manure around.I produce my own compost and may be I should increase the frequency.

Reaction score
Your roses are truly beautiful! You are truly a talented gardener and photographer, kudos to you! I liked both of your roses, but the yellow one is with no doubt my favorite one! Love how those water drops stand out so beautifully and how fresh and young those petals look. L O V E L Y

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have been wondering if I could successfully grow knock out roses in my front yard. I don't even know the first thing about rose gardening though. Several houses near me have GORGEOUS roses, and many have several plants. I drive by and think, "If I had those there would be roses on my table all summer long."

Right now we are focused on the back yard, but when it comes time, I will be devouring pinterest for ideas and tips. Yours are beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Your roses are truly beautiful! You are truly a talented gardener and photographer, kudos to you! I liked both of your roses, but the yellow one is with no doubt my favorite one! Love how those water drops stand out so beautifully and how fresh and young those petals look. L O V E L Y
Yellow is my favourite too. I am trying to get a repeat of this and hope to succeed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have been wondering if I could successfully grow knock out roses in my front yard. I don't even know the first thing about rose gardening though. Several houses near me have GORGEOUS roses, and many have several plants. I drive by and think, "If I had those there would be roses on my table all summer long."

Right now we are focused on the back yard, but when it comes time, I will be devouring pinterest for ideas and tips. Yours are beautiful.
Roses indeed are very demanding. You too will soon get the hang of cultivating roses. One needs time to care for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Compost and kitchen greens aren't enough for roses, there are very little nutrients in them I'm afraid but they are good as soil conditioners. I can no longer feed mine with horse manure as it's to heavy for me to move, as second best I use chicken manure pellets but I'm not sure if they are available to you. I also give my roses a feed of blood, fish and bone twice a year too, so they are fed in total four times a year from late February until August.

Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG

You can see my horrible dry sandy soil here, I put compost on it twice a year but it just swallows it up!

Reaction score
Yellow is my favourite too. I am trying to get a repeat of this and hope to succeed.

Looking forward to seeing that :) Do you have more rose bushes or only those two colors are in your garden? I'd love to see more of your pictures :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Compost and kitchen greens aren't enough for roses, there are very little nutrients in them I'm afraid but they are good as soil conditioners. I can no longer feed mine with horse manure as it's to heavy for me to move, as second best I use chicken manure pellets but I'm not sure if they are available to you. I also give my roses a feed of blood, fish and bone twice a year too, so they are fed in total four times a year from late February until August.

View attachment 5336

You can see my horrible dry sandy soil here, I put compost on it twice a year but it just swallows it up!
Thanks. Roses need a lot of our time. You have a point there about not being able to use horse manure. The compost did give results but I need to feed my plants often which is what I have not been doing here. Also pests is another issue I have to deal with. I am not in favour of pesticides.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Insect pests aren't much of a problem for me living in a cooler part of Britain but being damper there are a lot of slugs and snails to contend with, thankfully they leave the roses alone. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know this is an old post but wondering if someone has any info for my roses. I planted knock outs back in March and they are growing taller but not nearly as many blooms. Is there something I can do to help with that? They get watered regularly and are covered with mulch so I can't really add manure. Fertilizer recomendation or something else?

Ask a Question