These are everywhere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Easy to remove, but there are so many. What are they? No pictures on google helped. I have pictures of the weed after mowing, which are circular before cutting. They are thick weeds.

Attachments

• IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 327
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I don't know their real name. I could tell you what I call them but even our naughty moderator would want to censor it...

We've got lots of weed experts here, i.d. should be just around the corner.:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, it's green, sturdy and apparently disease-resistant. Sounds like perfect ground cover!
Why not just keep mowing and let it incorporate into your lawn instead of removing them?

Welcome and yes, there are some very savvy plant-identifiers on this forum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, it's green, sturdy and apparently disease-resistant. Sounds like perfect ground cover!
Why not just keep mowing and let it incorporate into your lawn instead of removing them?

Welcome and yes, there are some very savvy plant-identifiers on this forum!

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you want a perfect lawn, or move some of it to a area that needs ground cover and see what it does.
Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it is not pokey on bare feet or poisonous to pets, I would just leave them alone. Or you can do an experiment to let it grows and see what come out of it. I did this once, and I learned the name of a new weed flower: Deptford Pink.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to know the name so I can get rid of them and lay down the right pre-emergent. I have hand pulled a whole trash can full so my other grasses can take over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
TE="Bubba, post: 61182, member: 2486"]I would like to know the name so I can get rid of them and lay down the right pre-emergent. I have hand pulled a whole trash can full so my other grasses can take over.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I looked up a site where it might identify what you have. Japanese clover?
http://naturallybubbly.com/common-lawn-weeds/

Ask a Question