There's Always A Way

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I mentioned the music stand brackets I got from someone in the USA. I've tried having my aftermarket light positioned in the same way I had it before, but it isn't working out.
It was getting in the way of the screen when I wanted to fold it down and if I pulled the light far enough forward to get it to shine on the music, I couldn't see half of what was going on, on the screen. So I needed a way to have it shining down on the music. Not an easy job, without "skyhooks."

P1040367.JPG

Now I'm a sort of "what's in the garage?" sort of guy when it comes to making stuff. So I found an old stainless steel tripod extending & collapsible music stand, that I hadn't used for ages.
I hacksawed most of the top bits off and one of the feet. The other two I bent with a couple of mole grips so that they were parallel.
The two remaining feet fit neatly between the back bar of the stand and the body of the keyboard and are secured with a bit of tape. It's quite rigid. At the top I fixed a block of thin MDF To the top of the rod, for the clip-on lamp clamp to grip.

Job done!

You can just about see the two remaining feet of the stainless steel music stand in the bottom of this first photo

P1040386.JPG

P1040388.JPG

P1040387.JPG

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi sean,
I was thinking couldnt you have the light fitted on one side instead of the top, that way the light's going across the page's

Just a thought,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sean,
I was thinking couldnt you have the light fitted on one side instead of the top, that way the light's going across the page's

Just a thought,

The problem is that the music is in plastic folders, so you'd get unwanted reflections if the light came from the side and you want the lamp to positioned midway betweenm sometimes four A4 M/S sheets..

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi sean
Never mind just a thought,
As you know i played drums in a group when i was 16-18yrs and we as a group made some good friends from other groups,
One lad i liked as a friend and "boy" could he play keys, Any way one day we got talking and i found he could'nt read, I mean anything but ref music he just had to hear a tune once and he was away,

What a gift,

Ask a Question